Sunday, May 04, 2008

Fraud

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but Pacific John's account of the Texas Caucus fraud is riveting. Shades of 2000 and 2004 general elections. Have we become a third world country when it comes to running a clean election? Are we going to continue to allow voter fraud, intimidation and dirty politics to choose our President?

Although I have only volunteered in one state, virtually every Clinton staffer I have talked to has similar stories from other caucus states. While the Hillary field campaign operates and feels very much like typical Democratic campaigns, the Obama campaign is something new to Democratic politics. From my perspective, it looks like it has copied the worst attributes of Republican campaigns, but with unprecedented zeal.

Read it here

No comments: